Sometimes when we are in the middle of one of our large parties I forget all the work that we put into it. There is often a lot of sweat and toil, lack of sufficient sleep, and sometimes a little pain put into them. This weekend we had a graduation party for my sisters Carrie. She graduated with honors from her high school St. Paul Conservatory for Performing Artists. I was so proud of her and we worked all week long getting ready for her party.
I love lights... Every party and even church events I always enjoy decorating with various colors of Christmas lights. I was putting up lights in the tents in our back yard and having a hard time with it. The lights were brand new out of the box but one of the strands had half of it keep turning off. Which is frustrating after taking the time to put them up. I plugged in a green strand and was about to string it up when it happened. All of a sudden my hand went numb and was vibrating. It took a second to realize that I was getting electrocuted. I dropped the lights and, although I wasn't quite over the shock, went inside to unplug the extension cord leading to the lights.
My hand still felt a little numb and my body was still remembering the feeling of the electricity running through it. It definitely a very interesting experience and one that I hope to not repeat. Needless to say I stopped putting up the lights. I figured people would probably not still be around when it got dark anyways. I still don't understand how it happened since the lights were new out of the box. I guess it doesn't matter too much since I bought them 90% off. It was an interesting start to a fun party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment