Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Ah yes that is me

Last weekend was the Life Light event. Life Light is our family's largest event of the year. I was so thankful this year because sales were up 30% of what we did previously. It was as though we really broke through the amount we have normally been getting.

It was also this weekend that I had another one of my odd moments that so often occur to me. Usually brought on by my own carelessness or clumsiness. It was late, probably 12:30am or so. I was putting our manican guys back in their plastic bags when the bag got away from me. Now there is never anything quite so awkward than chasing after something that is being blown by the wind and you are not sure how far it will go or how much you have to chase it. .I caught up with the bag and decided to firmly put my foot on it so it wouldn't keep blowing and then instead of leaning over and having it blow away from under me, I could then gracefully bend over and pick it up. But no that was not to be.

As I stomped on it with my flip flop I felt my feet go out from beneath me and I landed abruptly on my rear. Someone I grabbed the bag in the process but there was a guy in front of me that witnessed the whole thing and offered me a hand up. He asked me if I was okay but I didn't really want to tell him where it hurt so I said I would be fine. I felt a little embarrassed but was in a little too much pain to think much about it. I turned and walked back to the trailer and had the lovely experience of being laughed at by Emily. I suppose I would have done the same thing if she had produced such a spectical.

I guess I have another story to tell now. That is how I rate my experiences.

No comments: