I am not sure even how to begin this blog. The event that happened last week is just too funny.
It was the day Henry had first called in sick. I don't know any other way how it could have happened.
That night we had a delicious stew with large chunks of meat in it for dinner. We usually have soup for lunch, but apparently there is a large difference between soup and stew. Or so I have learned in my cooking class. Henry explained that soups are usually without any type of chunks in it, but stews on the other hand are thicker and have chunks of meat and vegetables in them.
Our biology teacher Lou Miller has quite a reputation in our house. Everyone agrees that he is a wonderful person, but they don't think the same about his teaching abilities. He is one of those people that has so much knowledge that they can't quite explain it all in a way that the student will understand. Anyways, the biology class that had a lab had a project Wednesday morning. They were going to dissect kidneys. However, when they went to the main refrigerator to get the kidneys, they were no where to be found. After a short conference with the cook, the mystery was solved.
Part of the problem was that the kidneys were not labeled correctly and they should not have been put in the refrigerator with all of our food. The other problem was that we had a different cook that day, who we all thought was a little odd anyways. I am not fully sure how it happened but the delicious stew we had the night before was actually cooked with the biology lab's kidneys.
No, I am not making it up, it indeed happened. I found out about it a few days later. When I heard I put my hand on my stomach and tried to remember what the stew tasted like, but all I could remember was that it tasted very good. I guess I now know that it doesn't matter exactly what kind of meat you use, you can still make it taste delicious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is so mingin' to use the scottish word for gross. now you can say that you've eaten real kidney. only you would that happen to you.
Well, it wasn't only me. It was me and another 41 people. It tasted like beef. Which I suppose it probably was. Yes we have some weird things that happen around here.
Are you sure it was beef Kidney?? What if it was dog or cat kidneys!
It seems that people are focusing on the fact that it was kidney,. . . and are finding the grossness in that fact. They seem to be ignoring the fact that these kidneys had a destiny, and a rather GROSS destiny, at that. After all, that was the point of your story.
You seem to have become acclimated to idea of eating them. Which means that you the writer and your squeamish readers are highlighting 2 different things.
M.
Post a Comment