Monday, July 17, 2006

Waiting

Every once in a while there is something made by the secular arena that totally strikes me in a way that feels as though I had a meeting by God, or a teaching by the best preacher. Tonight I went to a movie called "The Lake House." Perhaps others may not be effected in the same way, I think it is the time of my life that I am in now.

With more weddings than I can count happening this year, I have had many longings to have someone of my own. Someone to lean on, someone to be with all the time. I found myself anxious and wishing and praying. God has been telling me to patiently wait and not be anxious.

Well the Lake House was a beautiful movie the displayed in the best possible way the importance of waiting. Waiting for what you can determine yourself. It doesn't happen often when I am watching a movie but I felt God speaking to me about my own situation. In all of my life I never had a boyfriend, never been kissed, and never had a person with whom there was mutual affection. I often get depressed with this and ask God why. He showed me today that His my love story will come in His own time- not my own deciding but His. So I just need to trust and wait.

God wants to give me the best. Perhaps the best isn't ready yet, I know I don't feel quite ready.

I don't want to reveal any of the story of the movie, I do recommend it. If you see it call me up and we can talk.

No comments: