It is 11:56pm and I am snuggled into the couch ready to go to sleep. Yes I am sleeping on the couch. Perhaps you wonder why I am doing such a thing, do I simply get bored with my bed and need to see what else is out there for comfort in slumber? No that is not the reason, to fully explain I must take you back with me about three weeks ago.....
Dad was gone on a business trip and it was just Mom, Carrie and I. I was sleeping in my bed and I woke up and heard a small sound on the other side of my room. Now we had caught a mouse in the kitchen the month before, and I had thoughts back to a year ago when a mouse was hiding in my room, so I decided instead of staying awake and fretting about whether it was or wasn't a mouse I would just go get in my mom's bed. Dad was gone and it is a king, she would barely know I was there.
So the next night I was fine and I slept in my own bed. Didn't hear anything for the rest of the week. Dad came home, and we found a mouse in a trap close to my bedroom door. So I realized it most likely was a mouse. But of course we caught it. So I shouldn't worry anymore.
But just in case we put a trap inside my room right where they most likely crawl. It was one of the terribly inhumane sticky traps that they are supposed to try to run through and than get caught. So there was one night I heard some scratching, and something walking around. So I went into Carrie's room. She has a triple bunk so I took the bottom because she was in the middle.
I woke up for my first day of school and I went into my room to get ready. For some reason I thought that there might be a mouse in the trap. But I didn't want to look. I would tell Dad and he would look for me. But than I noticed-- a long tale sticking out of the trap and curling itself in and out- I couldn't eat breakfast that morning, and I have no idea why.
I get home only to hear that we caught two mice in one trap!!! Surely, surely that had to be all of them! But no we caught two more in traps, and two in garbage cans. Yes somehow one mouse fell in the small garbage can in the bathroom and another one in my dad's bedroom garbage can. I think it is the grace of God on me.
Sometimes I wonder where my true room is now, is it Carrie's room? I called it mine once by mistake. The living room? Or my very own dear bedroom. I moved from Carrie's room because she had found a mouse trying to scratch a hole through her closet door, and the bottom bunk is basically sitting on the floor of the room so... I would like to continue on and describe the psychological problems I am beginning to have in reference to noises in my room. But perhaps that will be saved for another blog.
Needless to say these mice issues have provided my family with a lot of ammo for making jokes. We will have to watch Mouse Hunt when this is through. I almost want to throw my computer mouse across the room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment