Everyone has those times in their lives where you get into a circumstance where you are embarrassed. Usually it is something that is not that bad, but just seems worse because of the people around you. Well you have two choices, to laugh with them, or to maintain the embarrassment.
Last Wednesday night the youth group after the worship at the conference when to Acapolca a Mexican restaurant. Well two of the girls were headed to the bathroom and because there is an unspoken rule about if some girls go to the bathroom as many girls as possible should go with, I decided to go with them. So we chatted after we were done, and we walked out of the bathroom. Suddenly I don't know exactly how but my friend yelled out "it is just like the movies!" She was pointing to the ground and I looked down in horror to see a piece of toilet paper stuck to my shoe. Megan and Lindsey were laughing uncontrollably right away and I grabbed the evil piece and ran to the bathroom to through it away. I came out only to see that another person joined my friends in their laughter.
Because the bathrooms were in the front and led out to the front desk and waiting area the server that was there had seen the whole episode and he was standing there behind his desk laughing with my friends. Goodness is this the kind of service we get now a days!
We walked down the hallway to where we were seated and they were still laughing, our group was looking a little oddly at us and I pulled my friends aside and before I could say anything Lindsey said "You cannot tell us not to tell anyone," which of course is exactly what I was going to tell her. How could she read my mind like that? Well I was laughing too at this time. But I can say I believe God was looking down on me for Erich our fearless leader was making an announcement and our little laughing brigade was able to sit down unnoticed. I suppose I wouldn't have minded too much to have the whole episode told to everyone. But I was thankful never the less that it remained under wraps at that time.
As we were leaving and we walked by the front desk the desk attendent smiled a large smile at me and said goodbye. I guess he will always remember me.
For some reason I always tend to have crazy things such as this happen to me. I don't know why, maybe God knows I need things to write about. Or maybe I am just clumsy. Sometime I will have to tell about the time I accidently sat in a man's lap while dancing. Sorry, now is neither the time nor the place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yes things like this post happening to you all the time, I tell you, you are Mariam in the book we have both read.
Hey Em her name is Meredith. But don't worry I had to look it up.
Hill, we are two peas in a pod. What can I say?
hill thats terriable..well its actually pretty funny. But its also really terriable. It's a terriably funny thing to have happen.
Post a Comment