Friday, October 07, 2005

A follow up

To all who read my last post. The Lock in went splendidly, despite my sickness. We had many games. The one I put together was the scavenger hunt and it was fun to watch people running all over the church. By far the best clue was the one that I hid in Erich Hofmeister's shoe. Don't worry he knew it was there. It was funny when everyone surrounded him and asked him to lift his shirt up ect.

It was fun. A couple of us helped a friend Anna Early sneak an inflatable mattress into the toddler room at church. We all crashed in there. I only ended up getting about two and a half hours of sleep, but it was better than nothing.

We than woke up and played some more games. Including my favorite spoons. I ended up being one of the last three. It was fun. Unfortunately my team was at the bottom of the totem pole, we did not get that many points. I think it was because the voting for the skit contest was rigged. I demand a recount! Nevermind.

So I arrived home at 10:45am the next morning. I than went to bed at 11pm and slept until 7:30pm, not even waking to use the bathroom. I was dead tired. It felt so good. Overall I believe the lock in was a success. Although around 6 in the morning I was trying to remember why it was supposed to be fun!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sounds like fun, but sleeping? You aren't suppose to do that at a lock in, you are suppose to be hard core and stay up all night!!

hillwalk said...

Emily Walker! I felt so sick that that friday morning I almost fainted and I almost threw up! But no instead of sleeping like any normal person would do when they are sick I decide to work on my feet for 5 hours straight and than stay up all night only sleeping two and a half hours! And than you tell me I am supposed to stay awake all night! Ah!