Have you ever had a day in time where everything changed and your life did a 180. You had no idea it was coming it just happened. At first you cried out to God and asked and pleaded to know the reason why it happened. But as time went on you just lived your life almost forgetting that day, but than again never forgetting.
On November 30, 1997 my family had a fire in our home and the final result was that we moved to Minneapolis from the countryside 2 hours north of the Twin Cities where I had lived 12 years of my life. This last weekend my sister and I went to our friend's cabin to rest for a day and be with our friend. It was the same area we had lived in, the cabin was even on the same lake we had lived on.
Saturday evening when my sister and friend went on a bike ride I decided to take a drive. I did not know where I was going, I just drove. It was a very emotional time. I remembered so many things and had so many what ifs. God really spoke to me over again that we were supposed to move from this area, and He allowed the fire to happen so that we would have moved.
I ended up in the town which used to be my home town. Everything was so different and changed in the last seven years I almost wished it was more the same so that it would be more inviting to me. But instead I just felt like an intruder, it wasn't home anymore. Yet somewhere inside of me I felt thankful for that. I am so thankful that my home is in Minneapolis. That God had done so much in me and through me and has given me so much more than I could ever have hoped for or dreamed. I would have missed so many friendships and so many things that I enjoy now. Thank you Lord.
(My sister Em also had a moving experience you can read hers on her blog, just click the link)
Sunday, July 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment