Monday, August 01, 2005

Duties

It seems in life there are times where we take a job that we know nothing about doing it. This is how I am feeling now as I take on the job as Secretary for Republican Senate District 59 in Minneapolis Minnesota. Our very own famous chairman Steve Sumner asked me. Steve has been fortunate enough to personally meet President Bush, Condolezza Rice, as well as Karl Rove and others. I was asked to take on this position because their former secretary Sandy Burt is preparing to run for the state senate next year.

It is amazing this thing called politics. Many people think that all politics is dirty, or that all candidates are dirty as well. But most people do not know what happens at the grassroots level. They donÂ’t know the people that (excuse the language) who work their butts off for a person they believe in. They are just ordinary people who have a passion for having good people run this beautiful country of ours.

I feel so strongly about praying for our country, but sometimes we need to put actions where our prayers are. We want good judges who will put an end to abortion, but are we will to help elect the senators that will vote for those judges? Can we take some of our off time to use to help elect those people? God knows who they are, He knows that there are people lined up even now that are going to help overturn abortion one day. I am not going to say prayer is not enough, because I know that it is enough, (I think my whole blog is a working contradiction, but bear with me please.) but just as a group of us lined up in front of an abortion clinic with a piece of tape with the word “LIFE” we should also use our time to work this system we have in place called the democratic system. There are two things needed to have a good campaign, money and people. You can't do it with just money, you have to have people helping out. I get so frustrated sometimes because there are so many people out there that believe that they don't need to do anything because there is someone else who will. Excuse my rudeness but please don't leave the work to others and than turn around and complain about who the leaders are that are running our country.

I met many people as I helped with the PresidentÂ’s campaign; I was even able to meet one of the PresidentÂ’s cousins. For those who are against the Republican party, do not sign off on me. Christians have grown weary of this party, and on a national level there are a lot of things to be disappointed in. But donÂ’t give up hope on us. The one thing I remember most was the great respect that was given to Christians and Christian leaders alike, I am not sure if we would get the same respect in other parties. In fact if the liberal school I went to was any indication you could be severely scorned and mocked. I have listened to mockery of Christians an Republicans for two and a half years and I guess that drove me even more to run to the GOP.

Well all of this to say that please continue to pray for our country's leader's, and also please find a way to get involved in the politics of this nation. It is not something that should be left to the intellects or to the high and mighty, thealways alway a small community of people working hard and that would love some extra help.

No comments: