Today I was inspired to start singing a song from the movie Oklahoma. It is a beautiful morning! I am positioned out on my deck with my computer. I am gazing at our newly transplanted flowers and enjoying the morning air as I am listening to the birds sing. Perhaps they are singing the song as well.
There is nothing quite like having a deck of your own, especially when it is a up higher in the air like ours is. I like the feeling of being set a part from the hustle of the solid ground and having a wide open sky above. Perhaps there is not much sky, I still have a roof to one side and a tree to the other, but at night when it is dark (as dark as it can get in the city) we can still see quite a bit of stars above us.
The door to our deck was covered with plastic all winter. The door was the best way to let the cold in during the winter months. Even though we had plastic and draped some curtains over it our pantry, which is the room the door goes directly into, was freezing. As the days got warmer I could not wait to rip the plastic off and step out onto our little corner outside. It is where we step out to check the weather without having to go downstairs, and we also love to have good friendly chats out here.
Yes I am happy so happy with our lovely little home. God has truly blessed us.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment