It is peculiar the things that drive me to tears sometimes. Tonight was my last night as a youth leader with Momentum Youth Ministry. I was fine as I prepared my last sermon, when I filled out my parting notes to the youth, I was fine as they prayed for me and blessed me (I guess there were a few tears then), when everyone left and I sat to pray in the dark filled sanctuary alone- I was okay. When I started the alarm and got into my car- everything was fine. But then it happened- I texted Erich telling him I was done. After that point my eyes filled with tears as I remembered all I had done. The years of memories swept over me.
The Youth!, Mission trips to Mexico and Guatemala, camping trips, Onething trips, Momentum Rap Version 2.0, many road trips, skits both funny and serious, worship nights, bowling, sledding, our cop movie, birthdays, our western movie, late Wednesday night nertz playing, round tables, having your message end up differently, deep youth leader meetings, intense nights of prayer, singing prophetically, praying for youth, praying for each other, car washes, bake sales, talent shows, Oh the Lock INS, Triple Espresso, looking for youth, Esther chicks, spaghetti dinner, Mexican dinner, "Do you love your neighbor?", bonfires, laughter, worship practice, Tuesday phone calls, permission slips, collecting permission slips, announcements, lots of inside jokes, baptism, prayer and more prayer, power point shows, pictures lots of pictures, basketball, Feed My Starving Children, menus, rides in the church van, excel spread sheets, fundraisers, last minute plans, special music, troubled times, tears, saying goodbyes, small groups, fatigue, snacks, Tari's cheesecake, trying to get people to bring snacks, digital worship times, captures the flag (I somehow managed never to play!), VOLLEYBALL, Momentum Fest, Skit Nights, special guests, answered prayers, discussions, numerous office changes, youth room, Bible quizzes, Christmas parties, dice game, prizes, failed bring your friends events, lights, planned nights, unplanned nights, soaking times, cleaning up, painting, conferences, youth leaders: Tina, Erich, Mike, Ben, Pete, Amy, Dan, Brian, Jason, Brady, Alisa, Lis, Sarah, Beckah, Emily, Katy, Tari, Danneth, Carter, Paula and Chelsea, there is so much more but that is all I can think of tonight.
I have been so thankful to be a part of Momentum throughout the years that I have been a part of it. I have grown in ways I don't even think I can explain. I know God has great plans for me in the future, and I am excited to begin, but a small part of my heart will always be there.
Goodbye Wednesday nights! Goodbye Momentum!
Wednesday, March 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment