I don't think I have ever had such an uneventful trip, as my plane ride to Phoenix Arizona. Unless you count as an event the man that wouldn't wake up to allow me passageway to the lavatory. But eventually we had some turbulance and he woke up. (Thankfully) But that isn't that exciting. I got into the airport checked in went to my gate and took off. I was excited to see my friends Erich and Danneth Hofmeister but was encompassed in a book as I flew. My plane arrived 24 minutes early (when does that ever happen?), but it was still late. 11:24pm, 12:24 my time.
I didn't realize how accustomed I had become to seeing snow. When I arrived and looked out the window it didn't looke like a frozen wasteland. Instead I saw palm trees and greenery, the last palm tree I saw was in Scotland. Not that I expected to see a blanket of snow outside, but it still was odd to see a different landscape.
I realized once again that it is nice to have bright purple luggage. The Hofmeisters arrived shortly after I aquired my bags. They then took me on a wonderful unscheduled tour of the one of the shifty parts of town as well swinging through downtown Phoenix. Unscheduled a.k.a. - we took a wrong turn and didn't quite know how to get back to where we were going a.k.a. - we were slightly lost.
I will most likely be keeping up on my blog if anyone would like to continue to read. For those on facebook the main location of my blog is hilldancer.blogspot.com. I think it is nicer to read on there. It automatically transfers to the notes on facebook so you can check that out. I realize that this trip is not as exciting as previous ones. But I love to write so if you want to read I will try to provide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment