This weekend has been pretty crazy, and quite amazing at the same time. I left early on Saturday to meet Ali and her parents in Edinburgh. We then went to church in the street. In honor of Easter our church was doing a evangelistic type event on top of Princes Street Mall. It is the most crowded area of Edinburgh. After that we went back to get my bag at their B & B and I was off.
I took the bus to Glasgow. It was about an hour drive. When I arrived I then tried to find the train station. It actually was very close to the bus station but every person I asked sent me a different way, so it took me a while to get there. I was able to see some of downtown Glasgow and I realized that I liked the city very much. It was pretty much packed with people on Saturday, along one stretch I could barely get by because there were so many people.
I got to the train and headed to Dumbarton. I was gonig to stay at Bob and Melissa Hill's house, Katy's sister Kim's in-laws. If that make any sense. They were very hospitable and I enjoyed staying with them. Did I mention they live in a castle? Yes it is called the Overton House and it is being rehabilitated (I know that isn't quite the right word but I couldn't think of it.) It is going to be a house of healing where people can come and rest and learn more about God on a deeper level.
The Hill's have groups of people come and stay there to help with the redoing of the place, that is actualy where Kim met Josh their son. She was with a group of people that can over to help rebuild.
The atmosphere of the house was completely different than that of my house. It was so peaceful and I could tell that God's presence was there. Where my house has ghost stories associated with it, and 20 years of partying students, this house had a feel of God's presence and of people coming together for the good. They have a tea room open Saturdays that serves food, tea and other beverages. The earnings go to help the house as well as to help the Hill's and their daughter Esther. The often have youth groups come in to help serve on Saturdays. I was there after they counted up for the day and laughed when they exclaimed jokingly- "great we can eat this week!" It was funny.
I ate dinner with Bob and Melissa and another lady that was staying there. I forgot her name, that stinks. Well we had a lovely time and it felt good to be in the Christian enviroment again.
I went to bed before 11pm, which is early for me, but I knew the next day would be crazy... and it was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a delightful and refreshing thing it is to be somewhere where God's presence has permeated the whole place.And how much more you can appreciate it, coming from an atmosphere which is quite different than that.
M.
Post a Comment