This afternoon I decided to take a nap. However, my mind was running at such a rate that my attempt was made to no avail. I laid there for probably an hour and a half or more. I looked around the room a couple times and noticed two of my roommates asleep. We designate our afternoons in our room to sleep and study. I finally decided to be productive. I flipped on my bedside lamp, took out my book Jane Eyre, and started to read.
This seemed to cause a chain reaction in the room. Novia (pronounced Nova) turned her lamp on and later Ali stirred as well. We chatted for awhile after seeing everyone was awake. I told them my frustration with not being able to sleep. Ali said that she thought I was asleep from looking at me. She could not fall asleep either and was trying to lie quietly so as to not wake me. I laughed and exclaimed, "We could have been talking all this time!" For Ali and I love to talk to each other. Then Novia said that she too thought we were both asleep. She exclaimed that we looked so sweet in our slumber and she wished that she could have fallen asleep like us. But sleep had eluded her as well.
Therefore three of the five roommates of room 101 in Dalkeith Palace attempted a nap for one and a half hours, but none of them were able to achieve this envied state of being. I suppose we shall sleep extra hard tonight.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You have been talking about sleep a lot lately. Are you have issues getting to sleep?
It sounds like you are having a nice time.
I am fine getting to sleep at night. I think because I am out walking so much that I need more sleep. Or I just need to go to bed earlier. I go to bed between 11-12 and wake up at 7:20am. I guess it is not too different than at home.
Naps are fabulous! I am glad that you are resting so as to soak in the beauty all around you, that in itself needs napping and reflection time! Good for you....
Love tons,
Renee
Post a Comment