Monday, January 21, 2008

Gilbert has Departed

I am a little sad today. Gilbert is gone. Despite our difference of opinions, (when he decided to not work and I wanted him to) I loved my car. I had him 4 years and we traveled many places together. I knew him so well, every sound and every quirky quality. I didn't mind that the driver's window never rolled down, or that one of the speakers would stop working in the middle of a song sometimes. I didn't mind that his body wasn't all that it could be on the right hand side, that was how I bought him after all. He didn't need to change for me. He really was a hot car, he warmed up so quickly in the winter, and since he didn't have AC he was hot all summer as well.

Yes I will miss him. Yet I will soon go on my car-less journey to Scotland, where I will not drive for 3 months. With as much car trouble as I have had the last year, it will be refreshing not to worry about that. But I know I will miss driving at the same time.

So this is my farewell to Gilbert. Good bye! I hope you have a good life.

No comments: