Monday, November 05, 2007

Dalkeith Palace


With lots of prayer and confirmation from God I am planning on leaving for Scotland at the end of January 2008.

I am very excited about the trip. I wasn't at first, but after God confirming it I am. I will be moving into Dalkeith Palace in the town of Dalkeith, Scotland. Ever since my brother Colin and I traveled to Scotland in Spring of 2002 I have wanted to return. Now I get my chance!

I will be studying mostly English type classes: Business Writing, Short Story, British Gothic Novel, and also a class on Scottish Culture. It will be very enjoyable to study in a new environment.

Oddly enough I have had mixed feelings about going. There has been so much happening here at home that I don't want to leave it, but God has reassured me that He will continue to grow me up in Him and that, although probably different, my family, friends and church will be here when I return. I will miss everyone so much!

This is a picture of the place I will have classes, study, sleep and live for the three months that I am gone. I am also looking forward to the 10 day spring break. I will use that time to travel and see more of Scotland, maybe even revisit where I have been before.

No comments: