Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Saved My Life Once Again!

Last winter I had a scary situation with some ice. There is no doubt in my mind that God saved me from sliding into on coming traffic. Today with my friend Katy I had another scary situation.

We were about a block from my home, stopped at a stoplight. The light turned green and a car coming from our right on Broadway whizzed through the light. Katy and I both exclaimed over him running an extremely red light. It wasn't even orange, is what normally say at such a run. We recovered from that and then I was about to go through the light, since it was all ready and waiting for us, but then to our astonishment another car whizzed through the light! It was green for us, but very very very red for her! I couldn't believe it. If we had started even a half a second earlier Katy very likely could have been dead- since she was coming from the right, and I probably wouldn't be in good shape either. Just a little longer, 4-5 feet farther. God is so good.

I honked at her, it was slightly delayed because I couldn't believe it. I hope that she will pay more attention as she peruses around the city. Hopefully both of the drivers that ran those red lights will pay more attention. I am so thankful to be alive!

No comments: