Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Birthday Wishes

My birthday is coming soon and my family often requests that I make a birthday list to give ideas. I thought I would then put it online here to make it easier for everyone.


As I thought about what I wanted for my birthday I admit I couldn't really think of much, which I consider a good thing because it means I am fairly content. So here is my list. It is fairly boring so I added explanations to spruce it up a bit.

  1. Bedside table lamp- my little lamp I use next to my bed broke. I think it just needs a new bulb- but I am a little unsure of how to go about fixing it. Because to get to the bulb I would have to undo various screws. Hmm…
  2. A large comfy pillow- I often admire the large comfy pillows that come into the stores near the beginning of school for college students. I do a lot sitting on my bed. Reading, computer, homework ect.
  3. Ipod headphones- I misplaced mine quite a long time ago and the ones I have don't fit in my ears very well.
  4. Ah, I would very much enjoy receiving the perfume called "Miracle" by Lacome. I used to own a bottle but I think it might have been stolen from my bag in the airport. Yes I know that may be a stretch, but when I came back from California last year it was missing from my bag. Sad day. One bottle lasts me about a whole year. However, it is also a bit pricey.
  5. I would enjoy any new worship CD's.
  6. Barnes and Noble- I enjoy anything from the journal/ office section. I actually don't need a journal, but there are tons of nifty gadgets there. I don't know why but I enjoy office supplies; pens, notebooks, stationary ect.
  7. A globe- I have no idea where I would fit it in my room, but I have always wanted a nice globe.
  8. Okay so my sisters have told me that makeup brushes are so much better to use than whatever it is that I am using now. So I am requesting some nice makeup brushes for my birthday. I probably would have no idea how to pick them out myself.
  9. A new cordless mouse- smaller is better. My mouse has problems, the little antenna thing has to be propped up with something to have the light come on and the signal to work.
  10. As far as clothes go I am pretty picky, so please only get something if you know I will really like it. Maybe this sounds conceited I don't know. I just feel bad if I get something and I don't like it. I pretty much enjoy anything from Gap, but they don't have the best sales as of right now.
  11. A small weekend duffle bag- I have a suitcase set. But I often stay overnight or a couple nights and then I either have a bag too big or too small.
  12. New muffler system? (I already took care of this)
  13. Jewelry- I enjoy things delicate and not gaudy. I love earrings, and need some more necklaces.
  14. Scientific Calculator- I know boring. Yes it is. (I already received this yesterday)
  15. There is a scent at Bath and Body that is called "Breathe at Night" and is described at "restful lavender and vanilla milk" I have a bottle of this perfume from my birthday last year and it is almost gone.
  16. I must say it- because I mention it on every list I have ever made and still have not received them. There is a bookend set at Barnes and Noble. It looks like a few books and there is a globe on one side I believe. I have some other pieces that match it. I actually don't really think I will ever receive this set, but I put it down for giggles.
  17. A jump drive- it would be nice for school and everyday things that might come up to have a jump drive. Maybe a 1gb or something along those lines. I am a girl in the sense that I would like it to be a fun color and look nice.
  18. A book bag for school- there is one in particular I like at Target. It is light blue with a cream pin stripe. It is sort of a jean material. I want a bag that I can have just for school and not have to worry about taking things in and out.
  19. I just read about preordering the first Jars of Clay Christmas album. I didn't even know they were thinking about it. I just heard Jars of Clay at Life Light music festival, and though I wasn't too sure how I felt about the short shorts they were wearing I thoroughly enjoyed their music and left confirming in my mind that they are indeed my favorite band.
  20. I always enjoy new books, novels or otherwise. I also like old classics.
  21. Classic old movies- I wouldn't mind dvd collections of old TV shows. The Cosby show, Home Improvement, Ducktales, Chip and Dale, Darkwing Duck- old cartoons are awesome.
  22. I figured I would write 22 requests since it will be my 22nd birthday. This request is just that I can be with my family and friends to celebrate my birthday. I am unsure as to what day would be best. Sunday afternoon on the 9th? Monday night on the 10th, which is the actual day of my birthday? If anything I like surprises and gifts that make me know I am thought of and appreciated. I think that is what everyone wants. Things in the mail are exciting too.


    I guess I wrote more than I originally thought I was going to. I always tend to do that with whatever I write it seems. Thank you for reading this, I love you all!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hillary, I can't believe you haven't received those bookends yet! ;o)

Maybe this year........

In your email you talked about a party Friday night. I'm assuming you mean tonight? Just wondering. You can email me: leannejwalker@yahoo.com

Thanks for taking care of Junior today.

Love ya
LeAnne