Thursday, April 12, 2007

Naughty Kids... but they are soo cute!


I have one of the best jobs. I take care of kids that I love dearly.

Nathan is two and a half and such a sweety! But lately has been a lot more naughty than usual. When I got there Doug his dad told me about the day before when he had to clean the couch three times before 11am. Once was Easter chocolate that was smeared all over, the next was due to a whole can of pop- Nathan had been standing on the end table holding it and tripped. There was another episode but I have forgotten as to what material was the method of that mess. Note: Their couches are about 3 weeks old. thankfully they have a protective scotch guard from which almost any stain can be removed.

Well I was also told about how he the day before gotten out of bed when he was supposed to be taking a nap. He was in his parents' bedroom. The first time he got out was to take picture frames off the wall. The second he got on the dresser and took Sheryl's jewelry out. The third time I cannot remember again.

So when I put the kids down for a nap I thought perhaps something may happen. I first figured out that they were not suppose to nap in the same room although Jeremiah said "oh our parents always let us sleep in the same room." But that was not the case in talking to Sheryl so after finding Jeremiah trying to hoist Nathan up to the top bunk to "cuddle" with him then I separated the two youngsters.

The house was so quiet after that. So it was easy for me to hear an odd cell phone sound. I looked around trying to figure out where it came from. I then realized it came from the boys' room where Nathan was staying. I walked in and he was holding Josiah's cell phone in the corner. He saw me had shameful face on and said "sorry Hiray, sorry" so sweetly and sorrowful. It was soo cute. But I put him back in his bed and spoke sternly to him saying he had to stay there. He had some tears and then laid down. I then heard later sounds of money dropping. I went in and found him in the same place looking into a piggy bank. He again when he saw me said sorry right away. I spoke sternly again, a little more than last time laid him down. He started crying but I was firm! I walked out of the room and then laughed. He fell asleep thankfully.

I have to say that he is usually extremely well behaved, I think perhaps we just had a bad couple days. It was so hilarious though. I think one hard part about being a parent is being stern when your kids are so stinking cute! Yes I remember sitting at the table with the Lucas' exchanging looks with the parents that basically meant "they are being naughty but it is so hard not to laugh!" Lots of hands over mouths.

No comments: