Friday, March 02, 2007

Snow Storm # 2

It is hard to believe that we had two snow storms two weekends in a row. Tonight I am in Eau Claire Wisconsin. I had planned on coming her last night but was delayed until this morning.

The roads were still a little covered on the way here. Doing events are lonely. That is what I have discovered. I have a $25.00 allowance everyday for food, but I feel weird eating at a nice place all by myself, so instead I went to Culver's.

I like doing events where you stay overnight. I was done at 8pm at the arena and went to my hotel to check in. I then jumped in my rental car and headed to check out the city. I remembered roads I had traveled on previous trips to Eau Claire. I must say that I like this city. Driving by the University I saw numerous beautiful old homes with Victorian design. I wished it were daylight so I could take some photos. The hills and valleys are fun to drive up and down. It really is a beautiful city.

I am so amazed by my car. It is so QUIET! I can hardly believe it. A few times I have tried starting it when it is already on because I thought it was off. And the turning signal doesn't even make a loud clicking noise. It is crazy! I guess that is the way with new cars. There also is this extra button on my keys that I can't figure out what it is for. I have pressed it a few times standing outside my car, but nothing appears to happen differently. Yes it is odd. It is such a large car it sort of feels like I am driving a boat and that lovely smell inside doesn't help. Oh why didn't I pick the shiny red Toyota Camry? But I am not complaining... of course.

No comments: