Thursday, March 22, 2007

My Mom gave my food away...

Yes it was a sad affair. I brought some extra alfredo pasta home after the Young Adult Ministry night. It was our fellowship night and there was some food left over so Jamie let me bring it home.

I ate some of it and while working on the computer my mom put the rest away- or so I thought. The next day I looked into the fridge and couldn't find it. I asked her where it is and she said "oh I gave that to Carrie for her lunch. I suppose you wanted that to eat for lunch." She wasn't very appologetic, thought it was funny more than anything. It is a pretty strict unsaid rule in our family that if anyone has leftovers from a restaurant you don't eat it. That was why it was so different. Although I guess it technically wasn't the same thing. We had a nice time of cleverness going back and forth.

Later Carrie said that she realized that it was my food and felt almost wrong eating it, and thought "My sister is going to be mad when she finds out her food isn't there for her to eat." I wasn't really mad. It was funny because it was so unexpected. Oh well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so guess I'm busted. I should have at LEAST been apologetic, but I wasn't, was I? Mmmm, kind of a puzzle. But at least little Carrie, the unwitting accomplice, had the grace to feel guilty for eating the food. That should count for something. And who taught her those high ideals, you ask??

Anonymous said...

See comments in entries below. . . .