Saturday, January 27, 2007

God is so good

Last night was prayer night at the Twin Cities House of Prayer. I have been involved with them for a year and a half now. When I started it was with the Tuesday evening watch. A set from 7-9 every Tuesday. I started to prayer lead and liked it even though it wasn't without its challenges.
We had a very intimate group of people who loved God and loved to worship and pray together. Last March our worship leader didn't show up one Tuesday. We were a little upset about it but it wasn't until we found out he planned never to come back to our group that we were hurt. Some of the others were still in contact with him. But there were others of us who never saw him again.

Without our worship leader our group dwindled down and finally we had to stop on Tuesday night. More from schedules getting busy over the summer than from lack of interest. So we stopped. It was hard and everyone missed each other. We were still praying for Nick. We knew he was called to be a part of the House of Prayer. Even if he was still following God we knew he was called to that.

Well last night we had one set where I prayer led and some others did. Afterwards there was a break between sets and I went out to the bathroom. I never got there because I started talking to my friend Lisa and Karol and then some others. But I looked down the hall and saw Ryan and another guy coming down. I hadn't seen Ryan since Karol and Micheal's wedding so I was excited to see him. But then I realized who was walking next to him and I couldn't' believe it- It was Nick! He came back fully in love with God and missing the house of prayer.

What was more amazing was that we were all there that night. Our whole Tuesday night group. Jeremiah, Emily, Ryan, Lisa, Karol, Michael, me and Marylynn. Well two guys were missing Josiah and Ben. It was like a family reunion- except better.

Marylynn who is the leader of the house of prayer and who I believe hadn't seen Nick since last March like me, started crying and jumping up and down, and gave him a long hug. It was so beautiful. That is all I can say to describe it.

Michael and Karol were just leaving, but thankfully they were delayed so that they were able to see Nick. Michael and Nick were best friends before. Nick apologized to him and they shared a great hug. There were hugs all around that night. We were all there. I couldn't stop smiling and Nick and everyone else couldn't stop smiling and everyone was so happy. He said that he was nervous about coming because he wasn't sure how he would be received. But obviously the reception was a good one. I think a lot of the earthly credit would be given to Ryan. Him and Nick are rooming together now and I know Ryan never gave up on Nick and kept pushing him on.

He told us how he had been through a wilderness time but that God was good. He delivered Nick from smoking. Actually took his desire away for it. Awesome! He was glowing!

I think the best part was when we all went back in to the chapel and he opened the door and Nick said "come let us all go into the house of the Lord" we all laughed and were so thankful that we were all there together.

The best part is that this total out of the blue restoration of friendships and restoration of someone who I thought I would never see again. It gives me hope for other friends that I miss and wish were back with us. It boosted my faith and trust in God in such an amazing way!

Thank you God! You are so awesome to answer our prayers for Nick. They were not in vain. You are amazing! The changes in all of us this last 10 monthes have been amazing. Ryan and Emily are dating now, I hadn't seen them together yet and it was awesome. Michael and Karol are having a baby next August!!! I almost started crying because of that too. God is so GOOD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I was reading this entry, it really got to me. I found myself responding and feeling the emotions. I think we have all had relationships like that at one time or another, friendships that ended without a lot of undestanding, and which seem impossible to resolve.

It was refreshing to hear how God brought restoration to your group. You told it very well and I thank you for sharing it with us all.