Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Leaving the Country!

That's it folks! I am leaving the country. I wasn't completely pleased with the election results and I have decided to move to Guatemala!!



No I am sorry that is a lie. I am not moving just going to visit. My good friend Erich Hofmeister is getting married on the 11th of November in Guatemala City. I along with Erich and his family my and our friend Mike will be leaving at 5:22am tomorrow morning. Yikes! My lovely sister Emily will be joining us that evening.

I wasn't lying about not being completely please about the election results. My district the 5th District just elected the 1st Muslim to the US Congress. He is a man who is apart of a club that has some ties to radical Islamic groups. Looking at the list of his donors every single name was of Arab decent. After hearing about his Democratic Endorsement we thought for sure our man had a good chance, because of his radicalism. But apparently in my lovely district no one really cares who the person is they just see the "D" and vote for them.

Perhaps next time. A little more interesting was that our candidate was a Jew- and he was pretty slimed by Ellison. I can only keep praying. Thankfully the US House is only for 2 years.

No comments: