Monday, November 20, 2006

I fully intend to talk about my trip


Day 1.


It was a blast! How can I explain it differently? From the very beginning when we arrived at the airport at 3:30am we were laughing. Traveling there we had the groom himself Erich Hofmeister, Mike, Erich's parents and his cousin Matt. None of us had any sleep. The result of which was a lot of hilarity and dumb jokes that were laughed at as though they were made by the funniest comedian in the world.

We arrived it was like dejavu when we stepped out of the plane and the smell that assailed me reminded me so much of the last time I was there. I thought "this smells like Guatemala." I now understand my friend when we arrived in S. Korea when he said "Oh that wonderful smell of Korea." (He had been their previously.)

Were so happy to see Danneth when she arrived to meet us.

That day was filled with getting to know Danneth's family, eating, having fun, and getting tuxes fitted. A wonderful time. It was Danneth's mother's birthday so we all went out to eat to one of their favorite restaurants. It was beautiful. After that Danneth and I went to go get Emily at the airport.

She brought us to Alejandra's family's house where we would be staying. We were not very talkative the first night. Em and I were both exhausted. She had been traveling since 5 in the morning until 10:30pm and I had about 5 hours combined total of sleep the last two nights. It was crazy.

No comments: