Monday, October 23, 2006

Segue

I realized there were many people who don't really know about one of my present jobs. It is quite a miracle how I started.

Forthe last couple years I had really been praying about what I was supposed to do with my life. I knew some basics, I want to get married and have a family, I want to travel, I want the have a dance ministry, and a couple other things.

My family had always talked about having our own coffee shop someday. I suddenly realized that I wanted to own my own business, I wanted to open a coffee shop. So I decided that in the spring and then planned on finishing my associate of arts
degree and then head off to business school. Well in August my dad called me one day after he had talked to Terry our landlord. He said that Terry was on a board for a Christian coffee shop ministry called Segue. He said that they are opening a new branch in a college not to far from my church.

Eventually when it all came down to it they were willing to train me to manage the new shop. The shop now is not quite making enough to pay the bills. The new place will be in a college with 300 students, as well as business people. So there should be a pretty good clientele- which will eventually help the other branch out.

It was all such a comfirmation! So I went and talked to Jane who is the owner of the shop. They have an amazing ministry to youth and others. I am now an official barista. It is so much fun! So if anyone wants to come by give me a call.

I still plan on opening my own store, but it will be awhile, I still want to finish school. So there is my story. I love my new job and all of the new people I have met.

No comments: