Saturday, November 12, 2005

Lost

I thought I knew my city, I really did. But if I really do how on earth did I get lost in South Minneapolis? I don't know. I was at the U of M selling t-shirts and I left my lovely sister there because I needed to go downtown to mail something before 8 o'clock. I had not completed the mailing in time to mail it at the normal post offices by 5pm.

Instead of going the way I knew how to go I decided to try a different way. Bad idea! First I got trapped by all of the one-way streets on the campus and than I finally got on Washington St and went over the Washington Bridge and managed to get downtown. That was fine. It was coming back that was difficult, because I took the wrong turn at a an intersection with six streets coming into it, I think there is a special name for it but I forgot, and the one way streets took me farther into S. Mpls. So after about 15 minutes and numerous times of checking my map I managed to get back exactly where I started! How frustrating.

Most of my hardship was due to the fact that I could not see the skyline and all the streets were so small that they were not on my map.

My poor sister, what should have taken 40 minutes, took and hour and a half. So than I just went towards my home and drove to the campus that way, which I think actually would have been the quickest way in the first place. It is okay, I am not too emotionally damaged by it. I might need some therepy and some inner healing. Anybody else have stories about getting lost?

No comments: