I don't know what it is about the first snowfall of the year. It almost never lasts the night and doesn't help traffic much. But I love it anyways. I love to stand outside and watch the lamp posts illuminate the small crystals as they dance softly to the ground. I turn my face up to them and let them land on my face like dozens of light kisses. You would not think I was a mature twenty year old woman if you saw me, for I always have to open wide my mouth and stick my tongue out to catch the wayward flakes. Tell me I am not the only one who does this!! Yes I am the weird one in the family, for I love to shovel snow in the winter as well.
There was a time where my relationship with snow was not at it's peak. On March 18 2005 it betrayed me by sending a blizzard as I was about to leave to go to Kansas City. There was a terrible storm where many of the roads south of the Twin Cities were closed due to the weather. I don't remember the last time we had such a blizzard. So I was delayed; I was so excited about going a day early to my internshipto see my friend Molly, but it did not happen. I felt betrayed- me the girl who always loved winter and storms. But I managed to forgive the snow, we took some counselling sessions together and than I was fine. I was glad I didn't leave anyways because as I drove south the next day I saw over 50 cars in the ditch. Thank you God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment