Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Worthless Pursuits

Sometimes it seems that all I do is run after worthless pursuits. There are so many things I put first that really should be last, if not completely off my list. So many times I mess up, yet God is always there. He is always calling me to go higher than I am now. He is always drawing my mind away from the world. What will I choose? It would be so easy to throw myself into the pleasures the world has- material goods, entertainment ect. But than I am left empty. Only He can satisfy, I know that more than I know anything, I know that that is the true reality. But my flesh keeps warring against what I know is true. So I will stand on a verse I received when I left the Fire in the Night Internship-

Philippians 1:6

being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

I know that He is faithful to me and I can be confident that He will continue to pursue me and the good work He has begun in me will be completed.

No comments: