I had asked quite a few people to pray for two things. There was a little boy at church who had cancer, and another friend whose cousin was kidnapped. I sort of write with sorrow and gladness together. Isaac Overton from church died last Tuesday. My heart really goes out to the family. He was so weak and I am glad that he is with Jesus now, although I also hurt for what could have been, and for his family.
But than with joy I also write that my friend's cousin came back, it is actually a remarkable story. Here is the letter I received.
Awesome News!!!
I got word from Danneth in Guatemala that her 12-year old cousin, Oscar, made it home safely. The story is not 100% clear to me but I do know that he is a very brave little boy who gave himself in place of his mother and sister when kidnappers were trying to take them. Then awhile after he was kidnapped he overheard them talking about some awful things that they were planning to do to him. He was able to escape and found his way to his father's shoe store where eventually after a call was made from someone there, his dad came and picked him up and brought him home. He was unharmed through the whole ordeal. It is really a miraculous story. God did an amazing work. And Danneth thanks all of you guys so much for your prayers and interceding. It meant a whole lot to their family. We should continue to pray that they stay safe and recover emotionally from everything.
Erich Hofmeister
I think God is amazing. Although I don't understand completely I know that He has control over every situation, so I just want to give Him glory for what He has done and His decisions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment