Every year my church hosts two conferences. In January we host a Prophetic conference, in October we host a Healing conference. I always give as much time as I can to these conferences. Maybe some people wonder why, the truth is I was completely changed at one conference and I want others to have that same opportunity to be changed.
Through out my life God was always there and I read my bible and followed all the "rules". I loved God and couldn't imagine life without Him. But I did not have a passion for Him.
It was 2000 and I was 14 years old. My family did not go to the Rezz (Church of the Resurrection) yet, we were going to a church in Minneapolis. I had an opportunity to go to the Minnesota Prophetic conference, I had been to it before when it was in large white tents on the church's property in June, but now it was moved to January and to Redeeming Love Church.
It was a Friday night and I was sitting with my family. In the middle of worship a man(later known to me as Craig Nelson) brought a bunch of teenagers in front and had them pray on the mike. I remember sitting in my seat and listening to passionate prayer after passionate prayer coming out of youth my own age. Something inside of me stirred and I wished that I was like them. After their prayers they stayed up front and worshipped. I had wanted to go up there with them so much, than out of no where a girl was coming up the aisle telling us that they wanted all the youth up front. I couldn't believe it.
An American flag was brought forth and what happened next was an intense time of intercession for our nation. I found myself weeping and I felt like something was happening inside of me. I had a new longing for God and to know Him more. At the end of the meeting we were allowed to pray for people. It was the first time that I spoke in tongues, actually I had before when I was younger but I didn't understand and did not think it was tongues. I committed my life again to Him that night- "Lord I will serve you through everything."
What came later was a new zeal for God. That year was totally different for me, I did things I don't think I would have done before. I went on a mission trip to China and Korea that truely rocked my world. I also went to Washington D.C. for The Call, afterwards going on a lunch fast for 40 days praying for the new President that we were going to elect.
I want to encourage anyone else to come to the next conference in October it starts on the 12th and goes until the 15th. It is on healing and if you know anyone who is sick please bring them. There has been times where in worship alone a woman got out of her wheel chair and walked. But that is another story for another post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment