Thursday, July 28, 2005

Knowing Him

July 25, 2005
I have so much stirring inside of me. I am on a media fast right now. We are not going on the Internet and so I am writing this now and I will post it later when our family fast is over with.

There is so much of this world that means so little once you start having time to just sit and think and pray. In light of eternity what do these things mean? Apart from God what does anything mean? Family does and friendship, but our media centered society means so little. Our entertainme world means so little. Yet I buy into it all of the time. I think a little of it might not be a bad thing, but do we ever stop at a little? I don’t think we do. It is so hard for me to exchange a fiction novel for the bible, or trading other things to talking with Jesus. Lord forgive me!

I will mess up again, and I will turn to things that are not right, but God help me. We need Him so much and we have so little of Him. There is so much to learn that even after being a billion years with Him in eternity we will still be learning new things. How is it otherwise that the 24 elders in heaven fall on their faces every time the four living creatures cry out

“Holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!”

Could it be every time the four living creatures speak about Him the elders get a new revelation of who God is? And with that revelation they can’t help but fall on their faces, casting their crowns at His feet.
Yes but I am not sure if I could ever get back up upon my feet when I sit before Him. God is so good to us! To give us His word that so carefully describes who He is, so that we have a chance to know a little about Him.

No comments: