Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My heart is yearning

My heart is yearning
for something that I cannot see
Something that I cannot comprehend
What do I want? What do I seek?
Why does my heart stir within me?
What am I longing for, what is it that will satisfy me?
As the night stretches before me
I contemplate how I can sleep
How can I slumber when my heart has pain?
The pain I feel for something more
How can rest come to me?
When my heart is not still?
This longing is fierce, it eats me up
My inward parts cry out


They cry out for God
When will you come Lord?
How long must I wait for You to visit me?
My very flesh cries out for God, for the living God
What must I do to know You?
Who is like You Lord?
Where is the place inside of me,
That feels so empty now?

Do You want my life? Take it-
Here it is Lord, I don’t want it without You
Do You want my dreams? Take them-
For they are nothing without You in them
Do You want my talents? Take them-
Use me, do not pass me by

No comments: