Last night, well I guess it was technically two nights ago, I spent the night in the ER with my friend Katy. I guess we were just bored that night and thought we should do something a little more interesting. No, that is not really the case.
Katy had a virus called CMV this spring. She was having headaches for the last three and a half weeks. On Tuesday it was worse and she was getting nauseous and throwing up, feeling dizzy and the right side of her face was feeling numb. So we thought that could be serious considering what had happened a few months before. So even though it was Em's birthday the three of us headed to the ER.
I have a feeling that the staff of the ER have never quite handled a group of people such as we are. After giving Katy Benedryl, she was quite loopy. I was writing down the things she was saying just because they were so funny and I wanted to tell her of them later. I will not write them here- although they would make you laugh if I did. A few of the comments were about the beautiful male nurse/whatever they are called.
I had never spent a large portion of time in the ER before. I will have to say the people on the night watch are quite nice. Us three girls were impressed by a young, very good looking man named Ed. He wasn't a doctor but some sort of attendant, not quite a nurse. I know so little about hospitals that I don't even know what to call him. I think it doesn't happen very often to have three good looking lively females show up in the ER at 11pm at night. He brought us ice cream and water. He warmed blankets up for Katy and tried to make us as comfortable as possible. I finally brought Emily home around 1 am because she had to work in the morning and I came back to be with Katy.
I was exhausted and tried to get comfortable in the chair. Ed came in and covered me up and checked on Katy. I was almost too tired to even notice. Katy was very comfortable. The doctors and nurses that came to check on us were very nice as well. I couldn't imagine if you stayed up every night and dealt with people who came in hurt. It would be an interesting job.
--------------------- This portion was written weeks later --------------------------
They didn't know what was wrong with her. But eventually found out that she had something from her braces pinch a nerve in her cheek. The orthodontists had messed up something. Anyways she is feeling better now. We left the ER about 4:30am. We got to the car both feeling bad we didn't say goodbye to Ed and to thank him for all he did. I guess if we have an emergency late at night we know which ER to go to to get good service.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment