Sunday, April 06, 2008

A Great Finding

Ah, I had been worried for the longest time about being able to pay the rest of my tuition. The people at financial aid had told me last year that I should have all my expenses covered. I found out a week before I left that that was not the case. I was actually a couple thousand dollars short. I was a little worried to say the least.

My last payment was due yesterday and I called the school on Friday to tell them that I could not pay it. They were very friendly and asked what I could pay and when. Then they set me up on a payment plan. I was so thankful! I was going to get a few hundred from my friend Katy to reimburse me for the train tickets we bought. I told them when I received that money I would make a payment online. I also found out that my $100 tuition deposit could go towards my tuition costs as well! I can start working as soon as I get home, so it won't be too hard to finish paying the rest

I am not completely sure if I have enough money left to live on for the next five weeks. But I figure I can be careful, it will just mean I will have to find things around here to do.

I was afraid that if I didn't pay the tuition right away I wouldn't be able to get my transcripts sent over to MCTC. I plan on graduating next month with the Associate of Arts Degree. But I found out that I can still graduate, they will just give me a blank piece of paper. I just have to finish pulling everything together and then they will send me the official paper. I am so excited! I will finally graduate from Minneapolis Community and Technical College! I really wanted to finish what I started there.

So on May 15th I will officially be done! I have never had a cap and gown ceremony before, having home schooled through high school, so this will be a new thing for me. I am so excited!

No comments: