It has finally struck me… homesickness. Today I found out that my friend Katy won't be able to come and visit me. After that I realized how much I was looking forward to seeing a friend from home. I was looking forward to talking to her about how my friends and family are doing, all my experiences here, and sharing new experiences with her too. I really wanted to see one of my best friends!
I was looking forward to receiving things sent over from my family; I knew that along with Katy my Mom would make me a special package all wrapped up with care. I talk and communicate with family and friends a lot, but I guess there is something nice about receiving physical things too. I was hoping to get a note card or something to stick in the molding of my wall next to my bed, like the other girls in my room have done with their cards from home.
I wanted someone to hug. I know it sounds pathetic, but I get so few hugs here, so few friendly touches. I knew I would have such a great huge hug from Katy, and I would get such a great dose of love over the upcoming week. But I guess it is just not to be. There must be a reason for it; I just don't know right now what that is.
My trip is exactly half over with today. It is an interesting time to finally be homesick. I am sure it will be better with the morning light. All my emotions, about pretty much every aspect of my life, are rushing over me now. I hope after some rest and some time in prayer that I will feel better.
Please pray for Katy if you read this, she has a viral infection called encephalitis, and she feels completely exhausted and weak. It is something in her head and so she also is having severe headaches. I know she is very disappointed about not coming, it was sort of like our dream trip we have always wanted to take together. I hope she will feel better about it. I don't want her to worry about me, I want her to get better. I wish I could be there for her! Thankfully her parents are going to pick her up and take here home with them to take care of her.
As for my trip, well I haven't figured that out yet. I might go visit my cousin's fiancé named Raia, she lives near Venice and works at a Bible school there. There are many things we booked that will have to be cancelled. Hopefully we won't loose too much for that. I know God has a plan for me for this next week. I will have to figure it out by tomorrow, but He will be faithful to lead and guide me through it all.
Well family and friends, thank you for your prayers. I love you all and miss you! Especially you Katy!

No comments:
Post a Comment