Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ceilidh Dance!

I love Scottish dances. There is no question about what has been my favorite activity so far.

Tonight we had our first Ceilidh- which is pronounced kay-lee. The Ceilidh is the even name, not the dance name.

Many of our lovely palace lassies spent the morning baking cookies for the event tonight. Our host families were invited as well as everyone in the house. Therefore we had a mix of people who knew what they were doing, a few people who knew some of what they were doing, and those of us who had no idea.

The music was played by a lovely man on a accordion and his wife on a microphone taught us the dances. It was a mixture of swinging your partner around, weaving in and out of groups, and skipping to your left and right. A lot of clapping and skipping up and down through the lines.

I loved it!!


I will try to post a few videos soon.

No comments: