I almost wasn't going to be able to go on this particular walk to the Oaks, but I was able to get my gear on quickly enough to catch up with them. Meghan told me later that she was glad I went. For it was the just two of us and six of the guys. We had a great time. It was a beautiful misty afternoon.
The Oaks are several hundred years old. They are under scientific observation and therefore are protected from being cut down or abused.
No great oak trees here, just a very mysterious looking lane.

3 comments:
What on earth is "Scientific Protection"?
M.
A close-up view of the wall (a rather humorous shot with those heads lined above it) is fascinating! It looks like it was built at 2 different times. And it seems ancient. M.
I didn't know how to say it, but it means that there are scientists who do research on the trees. Therefore they are protected and can't be cut down or abused.
Post a Comment