My first class of the day was at 8:30am. The sun was out so afterwards I decided to go explore another part of the estate. (Hoping of course I would not get lost this time.)
I decided to go to the King's Gate, which is on the most southwestern part of the Estate. I thought it would be an interesting place to see. It is said that this was a separate entrance that they built specifically for the King to come to visit the Dalkeith Palace. Apparently the other entrance was used by the common people and they needed a special place for him and all his entourage to come in.
I arrived at the gate to find it locked. It was a beautiful iron gate with lovely twists and turns. On either side of the path were large stones that led to the gate. There was a house next to the gate built into the wall. I wondered what it was used for.
There was a woman on the other side who kept looking at me. I had seen her walk through the gate earlier. I felt for some reason like I was intruding on her space. I walked back the way I came a wee bit and stepped off the path to take picture of the flowers I saw. I then heard her yell something to me from the house. I walked up to her wondering what she had to say. She proceeded to tell me that she spoke Russian, but after that I didn't understand anything she said. With many gestures, and a couple "Nos" in English I got the hint. She lived in the house and had the key to the gate, and didn't want me leaving the path to take picture of the flowers. I told her I didn't need to go through the gate but was going back down the path. She nodded her head and said something else and left. It was a very interesting encounter at the King's Gate.

4 comments:
From all the books we've read I think you could be in one of them during all your adventures!!!! A good time to call be is at night before I go to bed. Usually anytime before 12:30.
Love ya EW
I hope you took some pictures of that gate. It sounds like a gate which could be sued many times in your future. M.
Hillary, the pictures are astounding! what a magnificent journey you are on...I am so excited for you as I am able to journey along with you through your visit!
Things are well here, we are very refreshed and ready to jump back into the edge, I have reflected much and sought after the Lord and for now we will be doing the edge once a month, along with all our other comittments this brought much peace, thank you again for all your insights and encouragement! you have been a blessing.
That gate is incredible!! you are capturing some excellent photos!! Thanks for sharing them and I will keep up on your journey with you.
My email is drlesnar1@hotmail.com
love tons!
Renee
Yes it was a beautiful gate. I am enjoying my camera so much.
Post a Comment