Tomorrow night I am leading prayer at TCHOP. I am praying from Revelation 4:2-3. The throne room of God. Can one even imagine? The actual place where God is? I mean He is everywhere, but He is in all His fullness there. I took a class on the Beauty of God at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City and I wanted to share some of my notes I thought amazing.
The emerald rainbow around the throne. We have a God given spiritual need for nature. When we look at His creation it reflects the beauty of God.
God's beauty is most often not considered important when we think about knowing Him. But as people He created us to need beauty, therefore we need to see Him. We need Him. Once glance at His beauty would wreck us forever.
Stuart Greeves- "We can't get our minds around Him, and we can't get Him off our minds."
We usually only feel beautiful when someone we see as beautiful tells us that we are. So dive into the beauty of God because then we will realize who is calling us His own, who this One is who calls us BEAUTIFUL.
Some words and phrases that I have written in my notes- if just thought of deeply and meditated on will give any lover goosebumps.
The book of revelation is:
The Revelation of Jesus Christ
That is what it says, so you can't dismiss it. You can't say "oh I never read that" because all that is written in it. It is all deeply rooted in the heart of God. He knew how He wanted the beginning of the world to start, and He planned how He wanted the ending to end. His very nature and Self is revealed in His plan for the end times. So don't dismiss it.
"Sea of glass mingled with fire" -- It is around the throne
Revelation 15:2 Revelation 4:6 Ezekiel 1:22,26 Ezekiel 10:1
"The appearance of the likeness of a throne"
He sounds like there really isn't any way to describe it. It is indescribable. All that he can say is that it is the "appearance of the likeness" which means it probably isn't like anything we could ever imagine.
Well it is late or I would keep writing thoughts. Let me know if anyone likes any of this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hillary,
It sounds like a person would find peace and a good foundation for life by thinking on those thoughts of yours.
It would be a worthwhile pursuit.
I always get the chills when I think about the throneroom of GOD its such an Awesome and Beautiful place. Sea of glass mingeled with fire sounds stellar to look at.I love the idea of serving a GOD who is all powerful and indescribable.
Yeah I got two comments! That is amazing. I guess I should write about God more frequently. Thanks!
Post a Comment