Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Playground equipment is not my friend

Okay so I did something really stupid today, and have a lovely bump above my eyebrow to show for it. Jeremiah, one of the little boys I take care of was playing on the playground. He called me to come over. I was sitting on a bench watching them as well texting. I got up and was still looking at my phone. Well I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking and all of a sudden I wasn't walking anymore or texting. I stopped, because my head conked into a low poll and a sound resonated throughout the whole playground. I sat down quickly and held my head in pain. I now fully understood why on all the cartoons when the characters hit their heads there are little starts that dance around their heads. I felt like there was a ton of celestial movement above my head as I tried to regain some sort of reality. I didn't go unconscious, so that is good. It just hurt really bad and made me a little dizzy. There were two pieces of the playground that had bars connecting between polls. One bar was higher way above my head, the other was perfectly even with my forehead. That was the one that decided to give me such a great story to tell.

A dad that was playing with his kids at the playground asked me if I was okay. He said he didn't see me get hit but he heard it. Great, just great.

I sat down for a while and the kids kept playing. Jeremiah came and told me that one of his friends from school was there. I looked to see a cute kids with a blue shirt on. There was another kid as well. I was glad because then they would have kids to play with as rested my head. Later I looked to see the same kid with a green shirt on. "Wait a second!" I thought, "Didn't that kid have a blue shirt on." "Hillary you must have hit your head harder than you thought," went through my mind. I looked around to see if anything else seemed an odd color. I was honestly afraid that my sense of color got messed up or something. Then I saw a group of kids with Jeremiah and sighed with relief. He was playing with two boys.... identical twins. Once with a green shirt on and one with a blue. Thank the Lord!! What an odd morning.

So I have determined that playground equipment is not my friend, although with all the kids I take care of I am sure we will resume our relationship at some point.

No comments: