Tonight I had a frightening but amazing experience.
I was driving to church on Hwy 252. It is a busy road with traffic running about 55 miles per hour. I had to take a left turn to get to church and I noticed the protected left turn was going to turn green soon. I sped up a bit. When I got into the turning lane I realized I wasn't going to make the light. I put on my brakes. It was not a hard brake, just between hard and normal maybe.
But before I knew what was happening my car was spinning around. I did a 180 and at the end my car was facing the opposite way in the turn lane.
I analyzed my feelings later. At the time I thought- I hope I don't go into the ditch. It was weird because I had no fear of going into the traffic next to me. I just didn't want to get stuck in the ditch. It was the smoothest turn ever, thinking about it now I realize it felt like something was guiding my car around. (We had been doing donuts in a parking lot in a friend's car a couple days before and it was a lot different.)
I sat there for a second trying to figure out how I should turn around. I scouted out the area and realized there was no one turning left yet. So I was alone in the lane. The traffic right next to me was whizzing by. I decided to back up into the snowbank- hoping I wouldn't get stuck. But realized it was the back wheels so I should be fine. It took me a couple tries and I was a little scared because my nose was sticking out some into the other lane.
The cars were so close! It freaked me out a bit. But I had this calming peace. Perhaps because I had been praying all the way to church. I don't know but I wasn't jittery or anything while I was turning around. I wished at one point I had someone there to direct me... I guess I did have some One.
I finally made it around and the light turned green. When I got onto 73rd a couple blocks I finally realized what had happened and what could have happened. I thanked God. I realized the peace I had. While I was turning I sort of felt like "oh my car is turning" like I was noticing it was snowing or something. I got to church with tears in my eyes because I felt jittery and so thankful. I was glad I had people to share my story with right away.
Thank you Jesus! For saving me and keeping me safe!
There was not anyone immediate behind me while I turned, thank the Lord for that!
I didn't freak out but was calm- maybe the donuts in the parking lot helped that... thanks Mike Although God gets more credit.
I managed to turn around fine and in a timely manor- although the cars that did come to turn might not have thought so.
God thank you so much that I am alive and my car is fine! Especially that I am alive and well!
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I had something similar happen to me up central by the National Sports Center. I was at the main stoplight right next to the NSC wating for the light to turn green so I could make a left turn and go South. The light turned green and for some reason I just sat there for a couple extra seconds, it wasn't like I thought it through puposely it just seemed it like it happened that way. After sitting there a few seconds I started to take my foot off the brake and put it on the gas. All of sudden a car blew by my doing at least 70 miles an hour!! At that point I put my foot back on the brake and just sat there.......I knew that I had just narrowly missed being killed. All it would have taken was for me to be my regular speed self and I would have been t-boned right in the drivers side door. I said a silent prayer thanking God for my Gaurdian Angel and waited for the light to turn green again. Still to this day I always look left and righ when I enter any intersection.
Post a Comment