Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Treasure from the Unknown

I can't help laughing. Yesterday I had one of the funniest experiences.

I will start out by saying when I change a little kid's diaper I often joke and ask them if they have a little "gift" or "present" for me. I might have even used the word "treasure." Yesterday I was changing Elian's diaper and low and behold I found about $4 dollars worth of coins in there!! (It thankfully was just a wet diaper.) I couldn't stop laughing. How in the world did it get in there? He had one of those lovely things that go under the bottom and snap so he couldn't put his hands in his diaper. I was so confused.

Today I talked with Amy his mom and she said she was confused too- but for a different reason. I had put the money in a wet wipe on the counter and forgot to tell her about it. She was wondering how it got there because the day before she couldn't find the money anywhere. They had been playing with it and Elian had it in his front pocket on his overalls, she found it missing soon after.

We came to the conclusion that he was trying to put the money in his front pocket again, but put it down his shirt instead. It fell all the way down and slipped into his diaper!

I must admit yeaterday for a second I wondered if this was a new provision from God. He put coins in fish... But little kids' diapers? Not sure about that yet.

Can't imagine how that would feel in there all morning.

No comments: