There is a point, that hopefully come in everyone's travels, where you are completely ready to leave. Your belongings are packed and lined up next to the front door. All that is left to do is to wait. For me it is to wait until my ride comes at 4:30am to pick me up.
There are very weird things that are thought of during this time of waiting. One is "did I bring everything?", this question is not rolling around too much in my brain because I started packing a week ago and couldn't possibly miss anything. Otherwise one's thoughts naturally go to where they are headed in my case- Mexico City. Will it really come to pass? Will I actually arrive at a destination so far away from where I am now? Will my body actually be transported so many thousand miles in one day? Has anyone ever thought of that very deeply? It really messes with your mind. Well these are the last minute waiting thoughts of a sleep deprived woman.
Hopefully some of my sleep will come back to me on the plane. (Another random thought... Does my bag weigh more than 55 lbs? Thankfully I realized I could just bring the scale up from the basement instead of dragging my bag down. ) So farewell America, farewell Minnesota, and farewell laptop... I will miss you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment