Sometimes I think I may just be the strangest person ever, not that I mind it. The other day I was saying to some friends that because of a certain thing "I realized that I might be somewhat normal. Isn't that amazing?" They laughed and said that they hoped I wasn't normal.
My reasoning behind this statement is because around 10pm at night- give or take an hour, I like to go out and shovel snow. Last Sunday night we had a large snow storm giving us a foot of snow. Tonight we have more snow falling which could give us another six inches.
After arriving back from youth group I decided to go shovel. I put my flannel pajama pants on and coat and gloves and headed out. I can hardly describe the beauty of the evening as the snow fell softly and the air glowed from the lamp post light that reflected off the covered ground. I love how it almost looks like daylight because of all the light reflecting off the snow. I wish I could have had a camera to take a photo, for those who don't know the phenomenon.
I realized after a while that the neighbors probably did not appriciate the sound of my shovel scraping against the sidewalk, so I didn't stay out there very long. Just enough to appriciate the beauty and to clear the walk.
I wonder what God was thinking when He made snow?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
He was probably thinking of you.
Post a Comment