
Don't miss it
Don't even be late!
Yes today I went to the "Great Minnesota Get Together." I wish that it was easy to describe. I was actually working at the Cattle Barn selling t-shirts to the 4-H kids. So I literally stared at the rear ends of dairy cows all day. But I don't know what it is but I still enjoyed being there. Not so much after the 8th of the 11 hours we had to be there passed. But when I got a break and walked around I enjoyed it.
I think MN has one of the best state fairs. There are so many people! So many families with their little red wagons and their strollers with adorable babies in them.
My favorite part was when I was standing at my booth and there was a little boy who must have been 2 or 3. He was standing in front of the cows and his dad was trying to take his picture. He was so happy with the cows that he hardly looked at his dad taking the picture he just looked at the big cows and laughed. Ah I loved it! I can't imagine when I have my own child someday, I think I will be taking pictures left and right. The dad looked and saw me smiling at his son and he smiled at me glad to know someone else was enjoying his son's cuteness as much as he was.
Was I realized today was that people like the fair because of its predictability. While my coworker was worried because our design was almost exactly like last years, I told him that the fair never really changes but everyone keeps coming back. So I thought that people will come to buy shirts because it is a new year and a new day.
I had my own disappointment about the fair, for those who know the fair I am sorry to say that the high dive performers that are usually by the water ride are not there this year. Instead is a go-cart course. How lame is that! The high divers were amazing! That is all I can say, I am too overcome with emotion.

No comments:
Post a Comment