Sunday, July 10, 2005

The Night

I am back at IHOP, and at a reasonable level of conscienceness despite the hour. I didn't realize how much I had missed it until I got here and enjoyed looking at everyone and everything. Listening to the music and being so incredibly happy that I am here again on the night watch. Seeing my friend's faces so lifts my countenance. I have missed them.

It is funny when you go back to a place you have lived in for so long. The odd things that you notice, like the replacement of the annoying paper towel dispensers that used to continually get stuck so that you had to spend more time that usual to simply get it to give you towels. Or even the fact that they switched to two large rolls of toilet paper rather than four small rolls. Yes it is a weird phenomenon. Seeing all of the new faces that I don't know is weird. That they are apart of the night watch and somehow because of that we have a connection. They say the night is for lovers, the ones that are passionate for God, and I would agree. Here is a group who will do anything for God, even fast the daylight hours, and I thank God that they are willing to do that for Him-- and for us.

(Make sure you look at what time I posted this)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah so I checked out the time you posted that, and I was a wake. I haven't been sleeping very well this week. I am glad you were able to hang out with all your friends for a couple of days. It is so hot here it must be blazing down there.
Love ya

Unknown said...

from your snazzy laptop no less!