Friday, June 17, 2005

Ode to Pudding

Okay so I am not really writing about pudding, although I will mention it. After a few pretty weighty first blogs I thought I would lighten it up a bit.

I am at home typing after driving all across the city today, I am glad to be home and in my pajamas. I do have a little bit of advice, Don't eat tapioca pudding and pink lemonade together if you haven't eaten anything for 7 hours. It is not a good combination and my stomach is acting a little weird because of it.

This weekend is the Classic Car show at our state fair grounds in Roseville Minnesota about 12 minutes from my house. So for the last couple of days we have been seeing beautiful cars driving everywhere. I drove down Snelling tonight, which is the main road that goes to the fair grounds, and I couldn't believe how busy it was at 11:00pm. There were people in lawn chairs all lined up on either side of the street, and in HarMar Mall's parking lots were tons of people and cars just hanging out. I loved the sight of the community and the camaraderie the people were having. I also drove by the fairgrounds and was amazed at the thousands of people there. I love anything that happens at the fairgrounds, I guess I just love it when people are having a good time together.

So that is my story today. In case you forgot my earlier advice I will repeat it, don't eat tapioca pudding and lemonade together.

Hill

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what about pudding and grapefruit juice?

Anonymous said...

Hillary,

I'll just tuck this piece of advice away for the time when I might need it.